What is #GivingTuesday?
Giving Tuesday is a worldwide online movement that kicks off the charitable season. This takes place the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, in an effort to take a rest after the shopping weekend. This Tuesday, November 28, join thousands of people from around the world for one common purpose: to embrace generosity and give.
Why Syracuse Habitat for Humanity?
Your contribution helps build energy efficient, safe, and affordable homes for families in need. Habitat homes develop communities where our children can grow up in safe and healthy places that allow them to reach their full potential. Through shelter our partnering families build strength, stability, and self-reliance.
This Giving Tuesday, your contribution will help us continue working on our two houses on Hixon Avenue in the Eastwood area of Syracuse, NY. One house is intended for a disabled Veteran and their family.
Ways To Support Us This Giving Tuesday:
1. Monetary donation: Make an online donation by clicking here or mail a check to our office. Also, your employer may have a matching gift program - which doubles your impact! To see if your employer has this program, check out this list. If your employer isn't listed, it's worth a try to ask anyway!
2. Peer-to-peer fundraising: When you visit our official profile on Razoo.com, you have the ability to start your own peer-to-peer fundraiser in support of Syracuse Habitat. Peer-to-peer fundraising is your opportunity to tell your own story and explain why people should also support the cause.
3. Matching donation: You can offer to become a matching sponsor. You can decide to match up to a certain dollar amount (i.e. match up to $100), during a certain time period (i.e. 5-6 pm on Nov. 28), or any other creative way you prefer. If you want to be matching sponsor please email email@example.com.
4. Stop by our table at Destiny USA: On Tuesday, November 28, Syracuse Habitat will be tabling at Destiny USA on the 1st Level, at the center atrium near the Victoria’s Secret store. We will be there from 9 am - 9 pm. Stop by to say hi and give a donation.
5. Volunteer: Give your time this holiday season. You can sign up to volunteer at a build or at our ReStore. To see a list of volunteering opportunities, click here.
Spread the Word
Share your support for Syracuse Habitat this #GivingTuesday by taking a picture, tagging #unselfie and #SyracuseHabitat, and uploading it to your Instagram, Facebook or Twitter starting now until November 28. Tell everyone how you’re giving back on #GivingTuesday.
You can also share our #GivingTuesday posts on your social media.
How will you give this year?